Wednesday 8 July 2009

Arctic Monkeys perform new material..

Since hearing and subsequently downloading 'crying lightning', i've had it on repeat and i've grown to like it more and more over the past few days. When I heard a live version posted on youtube at the beginning of the year however, I wasn't too sure about it so wanted to wait for the studio version before criticising it and I think this is how I feel about both, 'secret door' and 'potion approaching'.





Out of these two, the first is my favourite and although the music itself sounds great - I especially love the nostalgic feel of secret door - I think Alex's vocals seem pretty weak. Obviously he's not the greatest singer around and they're my favourite band so I don't wanna diss, i'm not too keen at the moment.

Roll on 24th August so I can stop being negative about the new stuff ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment